As an attractive employer and POWERHOUSE, we offer our employees many benefits. These include the offer for bicycle leasing, an internal fitness center, a physio and a healthy offer in our canteen. The fact that the health of our employees is important to us is exemplified by the switch to the 8-hour shift system (CPS 3.0) in April 2020 as well as the “Healthy Diversity” bonus program, from which colleagues can benefit from attractive bonuses by participating in the health program.
As the largest industrial employer in Dresden, it is important to us to promote young talent, particularly in the natural sciences and technology. To this end, for example, we are the Saxon state sponsor of “Jugend forscht” and support the Saxon computer science competition. In addition, we are committed to our own junior staff and are currently training 65 apprentices for the future of our site. This number is expected to increase further in the coming years.
Our efforts as an attractive employer were also honored externally several times in 2020 and 2021. We can be proud of the following awards:
- Best Employer in Dresden 2020 – awarded by the business magazine Capital and Statista. The evaluation took into account our special commitment to the region, the assumption of social responsibility, the active shaping of the business location and the recommendation as an attractive employer.
- Germany’s best company for vocational education 2020 – awarded by the business magazine Capital and Ausbildung.de. Among other things, GFD scored points for the support and involvement of trainees, innovative teaching methods and excellent learning quality in the company.
- German Innovation Leader 2020. The basis for this award from the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung is both the influence of GFD patents on other inventions and their innovativeness.
- Best employer.WELT confirms GFD’s “very high attractiveness” and thus shows that as an employer we enjoy an above-average authentic public image and high credibility among the population.
- Best Employer 2021. For this award, the weekly magazine FOCUS and the rating portal for companies kununu.de examined the ratings of former and current employees on kununu.de. In the case of the award for GFD, the decisive factors were, for example, satisfaction with our corporate culture, working atmosphere and salary.
- Semiconductor company with above-average innovative strength. The WELT confirms us as an innovative company with the quality seal “high innovative strength”. This shows that we are successful in meeting new requirements from our customers.